Submissions are now being accepted for the ThirdAnnual Page One Literary Art Gallery, which will be open for viewing on one night only: Friday, April 6th, 2012, from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p. m. at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center at 400 S. Rennie Street in Ada, Oklahoma.
· are welcomed from any writers--emerging or emerged--who would like to get in on the Scissortail vibe;
·must include author’s name, school affiliation (if any) and status (student, teacher, etc., if applicable) on a separate sheet;
·may be submitted via e-mail (as a Word attachment), snail mail (see addresses below) or dropped off in the door box in at ECU in the Horace Mann Building, room 316A;
·must be submitted by 1 p.m. on Friday, March 30th;
· will be displayed at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center and may also be displayed on this website and at ecuenglishtalk;
· must be limited to a single page. Submissions that run longer than a page may be displayed in full on ecu’s englishtalk website, but when determining awards, judges will only consider the first page of the entry and only the first page of the entry will be displayed at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center.
· will be identified by our panel of faculty judges;
· will be awarded with gift certificates designated for the purchase of books (authors scheduled to appear in the Scissortail reading program will not be in the running for these awards);
·must be in attendance at the Scissortail Wrap when the awards are distributed, one hour after the conclusion of the reading presented by Scissortail's featured speaker on Friday, April 6th, 2012 at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center;
· send your submissions to: email@example.com (subject line: Page One Literary Art Gallery) or mail to Steve Benton at 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB B-7, East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma 74820-6999.
This event enjoys the sponsorship and support of Literati (ECU’s English Student Club), Originals (ECU’s student-run creative writing journal), ECU’s Sigma Tau Delta chapter(International English Honor Society), and the Scissortail Creative Writing Festival. We look forward to seeing you soon!