East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma presents
Oklahoma’s Most Prestigious High School Writing Competition
20 Honorable Mention Awards of $25 each
* All Oklahoma high school students (9th - 12th grade) are eligible.
* Poetry (up to 100 lines) or Short Fiction (up to 6,000 words) is acceptable.
* Limit 5 poems and 1 short fiction piece per student.
* All entries must be the original work of the student.
* All entries must be neatly typed; please double-space fiction entries.
* Entries will not be returned, so keep your originals.
* No identifying marks should be on the manuscript itself, except for the title.
* Provide cover page with contact information: 1) Student’s name; 2) Student’s Mailing Address 3) Teacher’s name 4) Classification (senior, junior, etc.) 5) Phone number, Email and student’s mailing address. (No work submitted without a mailing address for each student cannot be judged)
* Work may be submitted through conventional mail or email.
DEADLINE: Conventional mail must be postmarked on or before Friday, February 5, 2021. Email entries must be sent by 11:59 p.m. on February 5, 2021. There will be no exceptions. Winners will be notified and awards will be mailed to students during the month of April 2021. The names of winning writers will be posted online at: www.ecuscissortail.blogspot.com.
Poetry Submissions: send work electronically as attached files to email@example.com or mail to Dr. Joshua Grasso, East Central University, Dept. of English & Languages, 1100 E. 14th St., Ada, OK 74820
Fiction Submissions: send work electronically as attached files to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dr. Mark Walling, East Central University, Dept. of English and Languages, 1100 E. 14th St., Ada, OK 74820
Contest Information: Dr. Joshua Grasso (580-235-3197); Dr. Mark Walling (580-559-5440). Scissortail Creative Writing Festival Information: Dr. Ken Hada (580-559-5557)