A showcase of Oklahoma creative writing, the Scissortail Festival welcomes submissions from creative writers in Oklahoma and across the country. The festival celebrates published, emerging authors reading original poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction.
Guidelines: Please read closely and follow explicitly. Please look at your calendar before submitting! Due to the increasing popularity of the festival, it is very difficult to accommodate special scheduling requests. Please do not ask. Please understand that Ada, Oklahoma is a small town with very limited public transportation, and has a limited number of hotel rooms. Ada is a two-hour drive from the Oklahoma City airport, 3 hours from Dallas and 2 and ½ hours from Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Scissortail Festival is unable to provide shuttle service to and from these airports, so please consider these details before submitting to the festival.
* Scissortail is a reading festival. No workshops, how-to, propaganda or pre-arranged panels are acceptable.
* Reading sessions feature a mixture of authors and genre.
* Sessions will consist of 3 or 4 readers per session. Authors should plan for either 15 or 20 minutes total time at the mic (including prose) depending on the session.
* Email submissions are encouraged. Submit: 1) complete contact information 2) the title of your program and sample/s of work to be considered - please consider the time restraints per reader 3) a paragraph-length biographical narrative, including publications and significant accomplishments.
* Deadline for submission: January 11, 2013. Schedule will be announced in February.
* Send email submissions to: email@example.com. Identify “Scissortail Submission” in the subject line. You may also mail submissions to: Dr. Hada, Department of English & Languages, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th St. Ada, OK 74820.
* Please check your calendar before submitting. Participants are not charged registration fees. Please subscribe by email at: http://www.ecuscissortail.blogspot.com in order to receive notice of posted information.